Kara M. Addelman
Ms. Addelman handles all aspects of litigated matters, from pre-suit discovery through post-trial appeals in both New York State and Federal Courts. She concentrates her practice in professional liability, civil rights, municipal liability, medical malpractice defense, sports and recreation liability, and personal injury. She represents individuals, professionals, local and national businesses, hospitals, and municipalities. Ms. Addelman is admitted to New York State Courts and the United States District Court for the Western District of New York and the Northern District of New York.
Ms. Addelman received her B.A., summa cum laude, from the State University of New York at Buffalo. Ms. Addelman went on to earn her J.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School in 2008. While attending law school, she studied international law in Australia and New Zealand, and was a Note and Comment Editor for the Buffalo Law Review.
Ms. Addelman was named a Rising Star for Professional Liability: Defense by Super Lawyers magazine in 2015, 2014, and 2013.
She currently serves as State Director for the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York and previously served as the Western New York Chapter's Treasurer. In addition, she is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Erie County, Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, and the Buffalo Law School Alumni Association.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2013
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. - 2008
- Law Review: Buffalo Law Review, Editor, 2006 - 2008
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- B.A. summa cum laude - 2004
- Major: Psychology and Art History
- The Sorbonne in Paris, France
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2013, 2014, and 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- WNY Chapter of Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, Treasurer, 2012 - 2015
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, State Director, 2013 - Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- The Bar Association of Erie County , Member, 2008 - Present
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- The SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association, Member, 2008 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate, 2008 - 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Represent indigent clients in Immigration Asylum and tax foreclosure proceedings, 2008 - Present